Friday, January 18, 2008

A journey with my ‘Kancil’

Back in 1999, mom decided to shrink some assets here and there in order to rearrange our financial life style since we have to cope with her retirement and also since dad moved back in and also very sick (heart problem).


So, she decided to sell off her current car and trade it in with 2 average rated car for herself and for me. She calculated my travel expenses and it is indeed more saving if I drove myself rather than using the public transportation. Besides, both parents health were not that suitable for me to ask their favor to fetch/send me back to Uni.


We search through and decided to get ourselves a Kembara and Kancil.
Back then, there’s a special promotion on Kancil. It’s called the limited edition Kancil. It offers blue, yellow and black color for this edition. YELLOW is in the choice and without hesitations, I picked that one. A very bright yellow Kancil EX-850, manual. Mom wants me to drive manual. It really doesn’t matter to me, as what I was looking forward to is to have a yellow car. Yellow == Ayu. Aaaahhhh… blisss!




On 19th August 1999, is the day I got my yellow car. Mom got her Kembara much earlier, which is in May. Mine was 3 months later due to the plate number. Mom insisted for me to have the same number, which is 1661. * Don’t ask me why… I am not good at all in seeing all these ‘luck’ in numbers & etc. My plate number is WHB1661… I call my car WaHaB… (Classic eh?)


The moment I called up my best buddies informing them about the arrival of my car, they thought I was joking. Yes, I liked yellow so much but they didn’t know that I was a yellow fanatic! They didn’t expect me to actually drive a yellow car.

The very first journey WaHaB went is to the Taman Bahagia LRT Station, to fetch sis & BIL back from work. They also didn’t believe it that I was serious in having a yellow car. They had a shocked of their life when they saw me smiling proudly waiting for them. Hehehehee…


Everyone shocked. All my relatives and close friends was really amazed that I was dare to be daring driving a yellow car in town. But for me, there’s nothing wrong with that right?

The first very moment I drove WaHaB to Uni, even the security officer commented “wah adik… ni first time sini ada kete kuning nih…ranggi yerr… jgn lupa apply sticker k?”…

Since then, all Uni mates nicked me as Ayu Kancil Kuning. To be franked, the nick is still avail/recognized till now. But of course, all my babes calls my baby Merce ‘WaHaB’.

‘WaHaB’ was the best companion ever! ‘WaHaB’ was the witness for my joy, happiness, sadness, scared, excitement and also my prayers.


For 9 years…


‘WaHaB’ witnesses my endless sisterhood bonding with Myn, AngahYan, AdikLela, Kajol, Ernie and also my Aidhan’s sisters and brothers.
‘WaHaB’ witnesses the story of ‘MI11’ & me.
‘WaHaB’ witnesses all my overnights days.
‘WaHaB’ is the one who accompany me running here and there comforting mom, dad & the rest.
‘WaHaB’ witnesses my cries… the moment I had the most down frustrated moments on my results, ‘MI11’, dad and my half sisters.
‘WaHaB’ listens to my frustrations with my life, my family and friends.
‘WaHaB’ was there sharing my happiness during my convocation, my job offer, my first day to work and lots more of happiness.


I am into tears, right now.
I love my yellow Kancil so much.


Letting go, is not easy.


Especially to the things that are so close to your heart.
‘WaHaB’ will still be with me… but I have to let go my dear Kancil Kuning…

No comments: